Just got my F type S - Jaguar F-Type Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got my F type S

Hello from Las Vegas. Just bought a certified , Status Grey/Brogue, S roadster. Everything but 20" wheels. Came out of a '12 SLK55 AMG. We also have a '14 Maserati Ghibli ( wifes car ). I was looking for more of a modern sports car rather than an Autoban dragster, the AMG was 4.2 sec to 60 but had trouble getting the power to the road, very strong oversteer. Anyway the Jag is far better looking. 1st impression is great but I can see getting rid of lousy riding and loud Pirelli P Zeros. I know they handle but the Michelin Super Sports do too with no compromise to comfort. Look forward to discussing both fun and faults. I'm also active on the Ghibli Forum where we talk a little more about faults, but English cars are small volume also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I drive a V8S with 13k miles. Came off an SL55. I suggest you don't give up on the Pirelli's too easily. Sure they're a little noisy but so is the car! I put Michelin PS2's on the SL and couldn't get them off fast enough. The sidewalls are too flexible for a car with a lot of torque. Just got back from a spirited drive on the backroads of AR and MO. Lots of tight turns as well as sweepers, plenty of opportunity to kiss a tree. the Pirelli's were great. Jag doesn't fit them to the F cuz they're cheap. They think they're the best for the car. I do too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Type Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page