Meridian 330w Speaker Issue - Page 2 - Jaguar F-Type Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Door Speaker Problems

I'm having the same door speaker issues as I've seen posted by others in the past few months. Just checking if anyone knows of a definitive resolution? The Atlanta GA dealership can't pinpoint a solution for my car yet, unfortunately. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 11:10 AM

I have lots of rattling on left side rear speaker. Even at low volumes the bass response rattles terribly. Not sure if speaker is blown or plastic rattling near.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 03:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

For the extra $ we paid for this system is really sucks, I had a Bang & olufson on my other vehicle and the quality and power was much superior, I really think jag should change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Sev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbluecrab View Post
I have lots of rattling on left side rear speaker. Even at low volumes the bass response rattles terribly. Not sure if speaker is blown or plastic rattling near.
Kingbluecrab, I just started having exactly same issue. Speaker behind seat. Sounds like a blown speaker. Did you find out what it was?

thx
sev
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how you have all progressed your speaker problems. Whilst mine was much improved, its still not perfect. And it frustrates me that for the same price in a Porsche you get the Bose system which sounds awesome. The Meridian is miles away from that, but now I'd just like it to sound distortion free.

Before I take it back to the dealer, I was wondering if you'd seen Jaguar pay more attention. For 5 months Jaguar hid behind the dealer and did pretty much nothing. And despite my car being off the road for 4 weeks over various occasions, the sum of the apology was a cap and umbrella I told them might have a nice gesture when I first experienced the issues.

Has anyone seen an official fix yet?

Thanks.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Is it the convertible? Car and Driver magazine reported a similar (sounding) issue in their long-term test car; it wasn't switching back and forth between top up and top down stereo mapping. They said it sounded like the car had a blown speaker. The dealer had to re-flash the system.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Hello all,

I'm based in the UK and was wondering if anyone else has been having problems with the 300W 10-speaker Meridian speaker system?

My car is a mid August built V6S and I've been experiencing a really bad resonance from the passenger door side speakers. Two different dealers have had 3 attempts at fixing it. I was loaned a slightly older V6S which had the very same problem.

I know many of you on here are from the US with the steering on the other side and you may have also upgraded to the 700w system as in the UK, the car actually comes standard with a lower grade system. Have any of you got the same issue as I learnt from one of the dealers that Jaguar was experiencing a high return rate on speakers?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone with the same issue as getting JLR to action the issue has been slow and they insist on using my car to keep trying out different things. I was going to ask them for some of their "Pre-Production Test Vehicle" stickers they use for their press events to put on the side of my car to make a point.

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Hi,

The stereo in my 2016 F Type S is the worst car stereo I've ever had in a vehicle including the first one I installed in high school. It is the Meridian Surround Sound system and is the very definition of midrange harshness. I have to listen to it at fairly low volume to avoid the feeling that someone is trying to drive a nail through my head. There is a persistent buzz from the bass speaker on the passenger side that sounds like a ripped cone. The dealer replaced it once, but the buzz remains. The stereo is the reason I am turning the car in at the end of the lease unless I can find a fix to the problems with sound and buzzing. Any ideas?

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Type Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page