Jaguar has big words for the Maserati Ghibli - Jaguar F-Type Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jaguar has big words for the Maserati Ghibli

Jaguar took to Twitter to talk sh*t about the Maserati Ghibli. It wrote, "Did you know the #ghibli means hot air? Seems appropriate." Jaguar was right on that point as ghibli means "a hot dust-carrying desert wind in North Africa, somewhat similar to the foehn."

Looks like things are heating up.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11402036...ull-of-hot-air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 11:18 AM

I know jaguar is coming out with an entry-level luxury sedan to rival the 3 series, maybe this is their way to start building up some attention on them for their upcoming sedan.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 12:51 PM

I don't think that jaguar poking fun at the Ghibli can really be connected to Jaguar coming out with an entry-level sedan. I don't see how the two are connected...

I think that this just proves that Jaguar has a sense of humor. They also did that ad making fun of the Mercedes Benz chicken commercial. I think it just adds to Jag's brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:33 AM

good way to build some buzz, that's for sure, just look how many retweets they got from that within a short amount of time.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Thumbs View Post
I don't think that jaguar poking fun at the Ghibli can really be connected to Jaguar coming out with an entry-level sedan. I don't see how the two are connected...

I think that this just proves that Jaguar has a sense of humor. They also did that ad making fun of the Mercedes Benz chicken commercial. I think it just adds to Jag's brand.
no it doesnt. It makes them look childish, good brands dont need to take shots at rivals, they have products for that. This is an admission by jaguar that they can't compete with the ghibli plain and simple.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 AM

it sure does make them look childish, this is Jaguar after all, a premium car maker. Probably best they don't do things like this in the future.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagwag View Post
no it doesnt. It makes them look childish, good brands dont need to take shots at rivals, they have products for that. This is an admission by jaguar that they can't compete with the ghibli plain and simple.
I don't think that it is an admission that jaguar can't compete with the Ghibli. That is taking a tweet pretty far. You have to wonder who was actually behind this tweet though. Is it some 20 year-old in charge of jaguar Twitter, or was it actually a vice-president who decided that tweeting this would be a good idea?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 02:09 PM

jaguar is getting pretty aggressive with their marketing but im not sure if its really a good idea

it could bite back hard.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

ULtimately it has got people talking more about both Maserati and Jaguar, so I think both brands would say that is a good thing.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfLife View Post
ULtimately it has got people talking more about both Maserati and Jaguar, so I think both brands would say that is a good thing.
yea but if its 15 year olds why would they care? Impressions never equal conversions, the onther thing to consider is where these conversations are happening. Does your average Maserati/Jaguar buyer dump copious amounts of time into social media? Not that i know of. These conversations, or impressions if you will, are useless to Jaguar/Maserati's actual user base...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Type Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page