What would the F type owners like to see.....? - Page 5 - Jaguar F-Type Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This all sounds awesome except I'm wondering how you get a RWD car to do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. Did you mount slicks for the trial?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to UKchap
0-60mph

No I did not. The nissan Skyline bolts to sixty in 2.7 with stock tires. All I did was set my timer on the lap application and punch it. The car gets there so fast that one of the concerns is the need for stickier tires. To be completely honest, I have never had any intention of running my car like that, but let my son build a kit for it and the result is incredible. Exhaust note improved, the supercharger whine is radical and as a jaguar dealer, it is the fastest jag I've ever driven!

"As a man thinks, so he becomes" Life is about the journey and the People we meet along the way, enjoy life to the fullest.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Let me say this..... we have not yet officially tested the zero to sixty time and are working with a new company to develop a Android user friendly flash for our customers that want to order the kits online or over the phone. Currently we are working on the V6 S model right now. It will be sold directly through RDE Autosport or O.E. Tuning out of Laguna Beach CA. Please feel free to contact us for any questions. Dyno results and video to come shortly.

As for the tires and drivetrain. It has been tested on track conditions here in WA at our local Ridge Motorsports Park. The factory tires are a hi tread wear tire not allowing the car to really plant itself. There are a few things we as a company are trying to address with suspension and tires for those more oriented in track setups. Stay tuned and Happy Motoring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Ok everyone!!!! Both kits have been produced and are tested!!! We are so proud to be working with Jeremy of OE Tuning in Laguna beach CA. We do not currently have all the literature worked out for the kits and are meeting with a couple jaguar dealerships to show the product and talk about warranty. Please PM me with questions and any other information. We are working on getting the advertisement on the Forum for the kits. Here is the dyno result for the V8s with our Stage 2 kit. Not even Stage 3 with Stainless headers and mid pipe section coming soon!!! Kits in stock NOW!!!!!! All hand machined billet pulleys. Smallest/ lightest on the market out of 6061 aluminum made in USA! Quality you can not pass. All other pulleys being imported from outside the US! Pictures of Manifolds coming soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0284.jpg (377.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0283.jpg (170.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0637[1].jpg (130.0 KB, 15 views)
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRDE View Post
Ok everyone!!!! Both kits have been produced and are tested!!! We are so proud to be working with Jeremy of OE Tuning in Laguna beach CA. We do not currently have all the literature worked out for the kits and are meeting with a couple jaguar dealerships to show the product and talk about warranty. Please PM me with questions and any other information. We are working on getting the advertisement on the Forum for the kits. Here is the dyno result for the V8s with our Stage 2 kit. Not even Stage 3 with Stainless headers and mid pipe section coming soon!!! Kits in stock NOW!!!!!! All hand machined billet pulleys. Smallest/ lightest on the market out of 6061 aluminum made in USA! Quality you can not pass. All other pulleys being imported from outside the US! Pictures of Manifolds coming soon!
Very exciting to hear this, just picked up my V8S and now I know what I'm doing next! PM on the way!
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Optimus812, congrats on the new V8S! I have 9,000 miles on mine and love it. I am curious about your interest in adding these performance mods to your car. It is my understanding that these will void the powertrain warranty from Jaguar. Do you have a different understanding about that or do you not care that much about the warraanty? Just askin'
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrybarski View Post
Optimus812, congrats on the new V8S! I have 9,000 miles on mine and love it. I am curious about your interest in adding these performance mods to your car. It is my understanding that these will void the powertrain warranty from Jaguar. Do you have a different understanding about that or do you not care that much about the warraanty? Just askin'
Thanks, its been a blast so far. The manufacture would have to prove any damage from the powertrain came from an altered part. They cannot void a warranty just because an aftermarket part is on the car.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus812 View Post
Thanks, its been a blast so far. The manufacture would have to prove any damage from the powertrain came from an altered part. They cannot void a warranty just because an aftermarket part is on the car.
Let me clarify, I'm referring to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. With that said, I suppose you could still run the risk of a denied warranty.
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Hello everyone!!! I am excited to announce that we will have data on here showing pulley aftermarket pulley stress testing. We are also testing so many different things and one is a complete race tune that will be developed by O.E. Tuning who is working with us for these kits. BTW..... If you can tell whats in the background. You will understand that the race tune will only be available with the Stage III from RDE Autosport. Please PM for details!

We hope everyone is enjoying there new F-Types. Anyone go to Pebble Beach? RDE autosport did!!! Pics soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rde 145.jpg (110.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg rde 147.jpg (62.9 KB, 11 views)
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Another Teaser

Here is a little collector shot! I told a few customers not to post pics..... Well here I am posting them. We will have full welded shots soon. First 321 Stainless manifolds in the World as far as we know!!

Happy Motoring from RDE Autosport! Everyone have a great Labor Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rde 133.jpg (122.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by RichRDE; 08-30-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Type Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page