What would the F type owners like to see.....? - Jaguar F-Type Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What would the F type owners like to see.....?

Hi everyone. So when the new f-type was coming out I was really excited to get behind the wheel as so many reviews were outstanding when put up against some of the most iconic sports cars today! Especially my favorite car the 911S! I couldn't believe it but they swore by it!

My father being a GM for Jaguar was invited to test the new F-type at circuit of the Americas! His response after the event was of great excitement and astonishment like he had found his most favorite toy! ( especially being from England ) Both him and I talked about the car and it's capabilities off and on the track. I have to say I was amazed! Not yet a true believer but excited I flew down to Sacramento Calif. to test one of these F-types out. WOW! So I was hooked being a Porsche guy and couldn't wrap my head around the blown mind I just received from the f-type.

All that said about a month ago a customer came into our shop and gave me an article to read from European car. It was not the F-type but more or less it's linebacker of a brother the xfs. It was matched against a new M5 and some people I know in the aftermarket industry had done some small upgrades to it for a little help. It finally clicked that some one or something needed to be done to start building some parts for the F-type jag! I immediately contacted my father and said we need a F-type S for prototype testing. Conversation was had and now we are moving forward coming January!

This said and having worked for Callaway Corvettes for a portion of my career. What would you guys like to see in the new F-type for aftermarket performance bolt on mods? We plan on building a stage 1 kit which would optimize engine port velocity and balance overflow. This kit would include intake, stainless exhaust (retaining active sport ), upgraded pulley, and tune.

Much testing will be done but would like to get your opinions!?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Ali

Welcome to the forum.

I think the V8 S can put out more power, enough to make it pass the 500HP mark easily with an ECU tune. If you guys can release a re-mapped system to extract more power out of the supercharged V8, I think a lot of V8 S owners would buy it.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

We are going to be working on that no problem. Our main goal is to produce over 550 at the wheels as the new R version will be coming out soon. We will have to sell a kit to optimize flow characteristics to hit those #'s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 PM

I think that a carbon fiber spoiler would be a nice addition. The exhaust note is already gorgeous, but I would always be happy to hear even more roar out of the exhaust. More power is always desirable too.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

The carbon spoiler could be something we could start working on with a sub contractor. The exhaust note we are looking for is more exotic sounding. Mind the car sounds great as it sits! Thank you for your sharing. Hopefully more people chime in.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know this sounds kind of weenie in the context of this discussion, but if you're going to do an ECU remap, perhaps you can make it so that the default for eco mode is OFF!
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrybarski View Post
I know this sounds kind of weenie in the context of this discussion, but if you're going to do an ECU remap, perhaps you can make it so that the default for eco mode is OFF!
That's not a bad idea as some do not want the Eco mode. I would rather have it like they have for the BMW M3 cars where if you take it out of Eco mode and turn the car off. After restart it stays in whatever mode it was put into. How does this sound?
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 04:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to UKchap
Hello all, I too am looking forward to seeing what can be done. The eco stop is a federal mandate and will be required on all new cars by 2015. The V8 performance is really good, but we do have an R version coming out soon. I expect to see this car at a private reception before the LA auto show in November, as well as teh reveal of the new Coupe version. I just bought a 2014 white V8S and my son, RichRDE is going to be doing some R&D on this starting in January. More to follow. I will also post pics of the new renderings soon. If you need anything F Type, please feel free to message me and I will do what I can to accomodate you.

"As a man thinks, so he becomes" Life is about the journey and the People we meet along the way, enjoy life to the fullest.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 10:02 PM

I'd love to see a pulley and tune set up with something like an SCT programmer that lets me reflash the tune if the dealer overwrites it.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myidsucks View Post
I'd love to see a pulley and tune set up with something like an SCT programmer that lets me reflash the tune if the dealer overwrites it.
As of now we will be doing a plug and play kit that will plug right in to your car and have the tune loaded onto it. It will not be flashed as you will be able to remove if you go to the dealer for any type of warranty work. All tunes will be coded so no one can hack them. The kit will come with full instructions. Very excited to get this going!

Exterior mods will come in time as Carbon is quite exspensive. We would need a great amount of people interested to be able to at least make our money back. That does not mean we don't want to test the waters!

Cheers!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Type Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page