"clunk" in rear - Jaguar F-Type Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking "clunk" in rear

I was getting a noise from the back of my V-8 when turning sharply or hitting bumps. The dealer checked with Jaguar and got this:

Reference SSM66717
Models F-TYPE / X152
Title F-Type Suspension Knock / Creak from rear of Vehicle
Category Chassis
Symptom 304000 Suspension System

Issue: A Customer may report a Knock or Creak from the rear of the vehicle when going over bumps or maneuvering at slow speed.

Cause: Absence of an isolator sleeve fitted to the rear Coil Spring.

Content
Action: A Technical Service Bulletin is currently being compiled and will be published shortly, please do not attempt any short term repair methods such as lubrication and non-approved parts.

The TSB swill detail how to fit an isolator sleeve to each individual rear Coil Spring to eradicate the noise.

Hope this helps if any of you experience the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arefog View Post
I was getting a noise from the back of my V-8 when turning sharply or hitting bumps. The dealer checked with Jaguar and got this:

Reference SSM66717
Models F-TYPE / X152
Category Chassis

Issue: A Customer may report a Knock or Creak from the rear of the vehicle when going over bumps or maneuvering at slow speed.

Content
Action: A Technical Service Bulletin is currently being compiled and will be published shortly, please do not attempt any short term repair methods such as lubrication and non-approved parts.

The TSB swill detail how to fit an isolator sleeve to each individual rear Coil Spring to eradicate the noise.

Thanks for posting.
Have been getting the same noise. In fact mine is most noticeable when switching from reverse to forward gears. Was about to take it to dealer to get checked.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 AM

So we should expect a TSB for the rear suspension.

I'm trying to think hard what the isolator sleeve is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also having the same issue on mine, here a clunk in the rear and my sales rep saids that they no about it and that Jaguar is working on a fix.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 04:46 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by arefog View Post

Reference SSM66717
Models F-TYPE / X152
Category Chassis

Content

Well it's 2 months on since your posts and I've taken delivery of an F-type. Great to drive.. apart from the clunking. Took in to dealer and they told me today that they are still waiting on a "fix" from head office. What is going on? Has anyone had their clunking issue properly fixed? Very very annoying..
thx
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I had mine fix already
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 AM

My V6S has the same problems as mentioned above but additionally I notice it when moving in slow traffic and the gearbox is changing down. I chased my dealer today and there is still no fix available from Jaguar.

I am pleased I am not alone and that it appears to be affecting all V6 and V8 models. Perhaps this will hasten Jaguar's response as it does spoil, what in every other respect, is a fantastic car.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9039PG View Post
My V6S has the same problems as mentioned above but additionally I notice it when moving in slow traffic and the gearbox is changing down. I chased my dealer today and there is still no fix available from Jaguar.

I am pleased I am not alone and that it appears to be affecting all V6 and V8 models. Perhaps this will hasten Jaguar's response as it does spoil, what in every other respect, is a fantastic car.
with it being a problem spread across a lot of models at least there's more attention on the issue. In a matter of time you'll be enjoying your F-Type, driving it problem-free, how it should be.

Did you post any pictures of it on this forum?

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM

Clunk noise

Hello all,

Bought a white Jaguar Ftype V8 from prestige motors Mid September. Also have had a clunk noise from right rear of car. Honestly thought it had to do with the roof mechanism since I only hear it when roof up. But reading this forum makes me wonder if it is the suspension. Have called prestige and manhattan jaguar. They have no idea what I am talking about and I even sent them the info I found here. Im a little disappointed obviously, but I am hopeful that one of you has a suggestion as to which dealer to call that has some idea about what is going on and I can get a little more info.

Thank you!
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 06:14 PM

There absolutely is a TSB out for this issue. Mine was a July build and had the insulator sleeves (the "fix) installed at port of entry. If your dealer has no idea what you're talking about, someone there is incompetent. In my case, the sleeves were not a 100% fix and dealer is pursuing additional remedies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Type Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page